Monday, April 11, 2011

Warm water is here

Finally its time to hit the small ponds around my house chasing bass and pan fish. On my last trout trip I stopped to fish a small pond pond by my in laws house. I caught a few nice bluegills and a small bass. This was the first time I had fished for bass and pan fish since last fall and I was very happy to break in my new three weight I had to purchase after an unfortunate incident with a car door, ouch. This past weekend I was blown of course on my way to the current river by a freak storm and had to change my destination. I went home and nervously tied flies until the storm had passed and went out to my small lake out in the county. I tied on a sweet new fly my friend Chris tied his blog Breambum.blogspot.com. I caught a short bass, two bluegill, and one ravishing redear sunfish. The next day I fished again after a storm and used a TSW or as I like to call it a secret garr weapon and caught another good redear. So far the fishing at the pond was turning my unfortunate trip for trout into a very nice warm water experience. The water was still very cold and the fish haven't put on their spring tuxedos yet but I was happy bug these guys out of their happy little holes to take a few pictures of them. The conditions where nice enough to wear a t shirt but the wind complicated my casting. The upside to fishing in the early spring is that there are less things to hook because their are very little leaves in the trees. My last cast landed next to a big stick in my favorite cove and as soon as I twitched the fly my line went zinging off the reel. I caught a nice bass for me and left for a short ride home and a little lunch. A great couple of days.

5 comments:

  1. Nice catch ---keep landing those gills for me--nothing like some water water action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will. How are things in your neck of the woods?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron
    The bluegills will be on the beds in a couple of weeks, can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, just came across your blog. I'm a fan of warm and cold water too. I like the concept of your blog. I signed up to follow it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RT...dude, give us a blog update from CA. The public demands it.

    ReplyDelete